Monday, January 19, 2009

Grateful

I haven't been able to shake that feeling all weekend. And I was told last week that I am not very good at holding up my end of a relationship.

I have enough friends that I can list them using one hand, but the ones I am close with are special. I hope they know how much they mean to me.

I have the most awesome, amazing sister in the world. Seriously. I know everybody probably says that about their sister, but really I am lucky to have someone like her related to me. Especially since I was an awful, rude, inconsiderate brat to her as a teen. Sorry Rachel :)

Grateful that I don't have great parents. Actually that they don't have any positive qualities to contribute to my life. Because of this my children don't have active grandparents in their lives. (my MIL is 1752 miles away) However, I have amazing family members that more than make up for their absence. My kids have the most amazing Nana, who is better at filling a grandparent type role then I could have ever asked for. I have a great Aunt who is so unselfish, and is always there for me. Thank you Judy for fixing my computer and answering all my random ' My computer isn't working!' questions.

I have the most amazing set of godparents to my children, who can't go more than a week without seeing them. The tried to kidnap Kiki yesterday. It is nice to know that my children are an important part in other's lives too, and to be able to have family that is there for you and you can rely on.

Hope those of you in my life already knew how much you mean to me, and this just reiterates it. :O)

5 comments:

T.Allen said...

Good for you! It is important that we all recognize that families are as complex and diverse as the parts of the whole. I'm grateful too, to have amazing attachments to special people outside the traditional family setting.

racrobin said...

Aww, you're too sweet!! Love you!

And thank god Mom doesn't have the internet... :)

Tammy said...

I'm right there with you Beth. Dh and I are so lucky to have such wonderful friends in our lives. They are Emily's "aunties and uncles" and show more interest in her than most of our own "blood" family. I've always kept this saying close to my heart for this reason, "Friends are the family that you choose in life."

jillytacy said...

Biological connections don't necessarily make a family. It's the people that you have connections of the heart with that make a family. Lucky for you and your boys that you have those heart connections to make up for the lack of "good" biological family connections. I've been lucky that way too! I have a wonderful network of friends and family to be grateful for!

susan said...

can i just say blubber blubber blubber (thats me crying) that is so sweet of you. and i second that comment about your mom not having internet. yikes!
i too am so glad to have you in my life, i consider you a daughter (rachel too)

Related Posts with Thumbnails