Thursday, June 18, 2009

A few gifties..

My sister's birthday was last month, and I wanted to make her a curvy bag.I asked my Aunt for a second opinion, and she thought it was a bit big. She kindly offered to use it if my sister didn't like it though. :) I was inspired by this bag, and kinda went off this idea... The bag is reversible, with a light blue fabric on the inside.
I was trying to go for something curvy like the Buttercup Bag originally, so I tired out the pattern to see if it was more size appropriate. The buttercup bag pattern is super cute, but small. Very small.

So I enlarged the pattern by 1 1/2 inches, and it came out a great size ( I think..) A little more practical for us women who carry the kitchen sink in our bags. The pattern was super easy to follow, and the original only uses a fat quarter! I will definitely be making more of these!


I was thinking of Goldilocks when I sent these off to my sister, trying to find the bag that was just right.. Well, when she came to visit last weekend, she was using the first bag! So Rachel, if the other two bags really aren't you, feel free to pass them along to a friend of yours!

(Oh, the fabric is from Heidi Grace's Midnight Kisses line at Joann Fabrics. It is the one thing I was sure that she did like! )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really lovely bags!

mo said...

I love those bags- I may have to go get me some of that cute fabric. Not that I NEED anymore fabric!

susan said...

yea you really cant go wrong with a blue pretty print for rachel! they all turned out super sweet and im sure she uses them all. i STILL need to make a buttercup bag. i like the cute small size. maybe for flea market shopping...which is this weekend!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for dropping by for a visit!!! What a lovely blog you have and you are a very busy girl :)

I see by your postings that you are getting married!! How wonderful. My daughter will also be marring this Nov. We are doing things a bit long distance between us as she ia in North Carolina and I'm here in Mexico!!

I'm not sure if you are familar with the Somerset Art Magazines?? If not both you and your aunt should check them out. They have magazines dedicated to all areas of art/crafting. There are sewing and altered clothing, wearable art, quilting, well just grab a cup of tea and head over to their web site.

Now that I have lead you all over heck and back I'll get to my point. Somerset has a yearly publication on weddings. I think there are 4 now??? I have one and have the other 3 coming from an ebay auction I won. You might find a few ideas in them. Of course everything is hand made which is why I got them. Here is Somerset's web site.
www.stampington.com

Have fun oh and all of the art work is done by artists just like you!! In fact the little bag I mad was a challenge to use muslin.

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mexico

Related Posts with Thumbnails