Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Mary Janes!

I finished up my second pair of mary janes this morning!
Well, technically, I have made 3 mary janes.. I tried out this pattern on one shoe because I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. It made me have platypus feet.
So I made the pattern 1/4 smaller all around.The top of the mary jane pattern is shaped like a big 'U', and the heel part doesn't come up high enough. So hopefully my next pair will turn out better..


All wrinkly from wearing around this morning..
I made the top with upcycled cotton, lined them with linen and the soles are made with vinyl. I used a pearl snap on the side strap.
I also used fleece between the layers to try add some dimension to the shoes, but it doesn't make them any warmer!

3 comments:

Beth said...

OOOHHHH....I need a pair of these! Too cute!

Swift Jan said...

Oh these are divine!!!!!!

hoyoyi said...

love your mary jane, and i can imagine how cool it is if i get to wear on it... ^ ^

Related Posts with Thumbnails