Monday, January 5, 2009

Be My Valentine Children's Swap

I am hosting my first swap! I love when my 2-year old son receives mail and gets to open something fun! It is so special to send a fun package to a child, and you know they will truly appreciate anything you send! So I thought I would host a 'Be my Valentine' Children's Swap.

For this swap you will send your partner (another mom and child pair) A Valentine book or craft, along with 3 things to go along with it. You must send an item for the child and an item for the Mom. Anything extra will just make you partner happier :) Toys, holiday candy, stickers, coloring books, stuffed animals, activities, handmade items, etc! Remember, Etsy is a great place for toys and other fun valentine stuff. Get creative and pack your swap box up with things you know the mom and child will love! Once you receive your partner's questionnaire, it should be easy for you to choose things you know the child and mom will enjoy!!

**If you have more than one child, please specify if you would like to do ONE swap box for all the children together and send ONE to someone else. OR if you would like separate swap boxes for each child, in which case you will be sending more than one also!!!**

**You do not have to be a momma to participate- grandmas are welcome to participate with their grand kids as well!!! :) Just specify that in your filled out form!!**

I am going to keep things pretty simple here, since it is just after the holiday season. I will leave the swap open until January 14Th, and then will assign partners that by that weekend. You will have until February 2ND to mail your packages, so that the kids receive them in plenty of time for Valentines Day. This swap will be open to the U.S. , giving the time constraint.

First time swappers are welcome, and you do not have to have a blog to participate. However I REALLY want to stress how important it is to follow through on this swap- there will be kids waiting to open their swap boxes, so please do not participate if you are going to flake on this!!!

If you would like to participate, leave me a comment on this post and please email me at weepereas (at) yahoo (dot) com with your answers to the following questionnaire:

Name:
Mailing Address:
Email Address:
Blog Address:
Child's Name:
Child's Age:
Clothing Size:
Likes/Dislikes for you:
Likes /Dislikes for your child:
(anything in order to help your partner select the perfect items for your child and you!)
Any other info that would be helpful to your partner:

If you do NOT email me your questionnaire, I will not include you in the swap! I will email you back when I receive your filled out form and confirm that I have your name down for the swap, so if you don't receive an email confirmation from me, email me again!! I may have missed the email.

Thank you for participating and this should be a fun way to get the kids involved in swaps and receiving mail. Cant wait to get started!!
Participants, please fell free to grab the button on the top right, it will link back to this swap page!

25 comments:

that chick said...

drat. when you commented on my blog that you were hosting a children's swap i thought maybe i could swap my 3 year old for a mellower version, one that doesn't throw things, maybe. oh well, next time.

mommyholly said...

Oooh how fun, you know I will sign up!! Anything for the kiddos! :) I will email you right now, and I will also post it on my blog! Great idea Beth, xo!!

Brother See, Sisters Do said...

Sounds fun, count us in! I will e-mail you later today w/the info:) I too will post a link!!

Grace said...

thanks for inviting me! it sounds fun! but too close to my due date for me to commit, i think. have fun with it, though!

Tacha said...

Sounds like good fun. Shame I am in Germany! Maybe next time.

Amanda said...

Count me in!

Mary Beth said...

Hi Beth. Thanks for hosting this. It looks so fun. I do thank you for the invite; I'm going to pass though--just trying to keep things super mellow after the holiday. Have fun!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Please count me in! I have two girls so we would like to take two partners, please.:) I will e-mail you my questionnaire... Thanks for hosting! Lori

toosillysisters@cox.net

mysteryhistorymom said...

Please count me in! I have two girls so we would like to take two partners, please.:) I will e-mail you my questionnaire... Thanks for hosting! Lori

toosillysisters@cox.net

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun and my 4 year old loves getting mail. Count me in!

Jo@smilemonsters.com

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I popped over via Mommy Holly's blog but unfortunately we're in Canada so can't participate :( Maybe another time.

Amanda said...

I would love to participate in this! :D

I'll email you my questionnaire in a minute. :D

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I just realized I can't email you back when you comment on my blog! I'm sure i've sent many a reply and not noticed that it said "noreply@blogger.com". I saw this the other day when you posted, but I think we'll wait since Brice is still so little. That, and I can't get ANYTHING done with him right now. He's a little monster. ALready, at 7 months old, he screams when he doesn't get his way. I think once he sleeps through the night it will be better around here. At least a little bit. I hope. I'm still finishing Christmas presents, too!

T.Allen said...

This rocks, I'm in!

Simone said...

Cute idea, let me mull it over. Thanks for stopping by my blog. My next post will be at the end of this week and I'll give your swap a mention.

Anonymous said...

If I weren't in France I would have loved to participate! There will be some very happy kidlets out there. So glad you stopped by my blog, I'm enjoying yours!

Jessica said...

I want to play! i'll email the info.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Hi- I'm your swap partner for the fat quarter swap! I had to laugh when I read your likes/ dislikes because my list was almost exactly the same!! ;). And then I see on your blog you have a 2 year old son, I do too. Your kids swap is such a sweet idea, I will have to think about joining! My son loves getting mail, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog!
I like the idea of your swap, it sounds like fun, but all my babies are grown up now and there aren't any grandbabies on the horizon.
But I DO love the slippers you made...I wonder if I couldn't make a few for friends ??

CraftGirlAlli said...

Awesome idea! Count me in! I'll email you our info later!

Mrs Jelly said...

That's a fab idea for a swap!
Count me in - I will forward my details by email shortly but I've just noticed a burning smell coming from the kitchen!!

Tori Mitchell said...

Fun! I've never done a swap before! I am super excited!

Tammy said...

Count us in. I know Em would love it!

Love, Mindy said...

Sounds like fun! My kiddos and I would love to participate! Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear the swap is not open to international participants :( I read that beat AFTER I got excited for my Princess, maybe next time...
Sara

Related Posts with Thumbnails