Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WIP Wednesday

I just finished up the handmade goodies for my swap package last night. I would post pictures, but I don't know if my swap partner is out there lurking! I just need to pick up a few more goodies to fill up the box, and it will be on it's way this weekend! How is everyone else coming along? Swap packages need to be mailed ONE WEEK from today!!!!

I have been working on colors with Cristian. I got the idea for the color sorting from Brother See, Sister Do and Giddy Goat pointed out this fun color sorting activity. I think I am going to pick up some pom poms next time I am at the store!
I got some lacing cards at Hobby Lobby and Cristian does really well with them! I thought he was going to have a hard time with the tiny holes and laces, but he sat next to me quietly while I was hand sewing! I had out my thread the other day, and I found Cristian sorting all the same type of spools, and telling me what colors they were! He called pink 'green' a few times, but I think he just loves the color green :)

Anybody else have any fun color sorting ideas? Or know somewhere that I can get lacing cards that aren't just flimsy cardboard and will actually stand up to repeated use by a toddler?

5 comments:

Brother See, Sisters Do said...

Ours are really thick and hold up well. My mom found them for us up north somewhere. Saw some similar to ours at the toy store downtown. Also, saw some in the Scholastic magazine..not sure how thick they are? I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see some!

Lory said...

What a cute kid!

Josie said...

Crap- I better get to work! Hahaha! I have some stuff done for one of them, but yeah- get off the computer and get to work! ha

susan said...

arg i just saw them somewhere...let me think
that is so cute that he is learning his colors
i know its a bad one but how about m&m's?? if you check out a teachers store they have little bits that you can get...like colored game pieces. also montessori catalogs have lots of goodies

Tammy said...

Melissa & Doug make lacing cards. I have some for Em here and also a set at school. They have held up well over the years in my classroom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails