Friday, May 22, 2009

catch up..

It has been amazingly warm the past few days, in the high 70 or 80s. All that warm weather makes it hard to be inside and get stuff done!
So I will just post about what have gotten done previously..
I was working on a eye spy doll quilt at the same time as I was doing my DQS6. It was a 'practice quilt' that way I would make any mistakes on this one, and not the one I was to send off to my partner. I used a variety of prints, and I love the stripey binding. It reminds me of a man's tie. I still need to add a label to this.

I went down to a few quilt shops last week-

I picked these up from Quilter's Destination in Arlington Heights ,IL. It was a cute little shop with lots of patterns, but I think the women working were not too keen on a toddler running around their store..

This haul is from Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook,IL. I could have gone crazy in this shop. They had a lot of cute Kaffe Fasset prints, Amy Butler and a whole room of colors, with a wall just for polka dots and stripes! The top right prints are Amy Butler, and the bottom left ones are from Michael Miller's Bot Camp line. I want to make a little quilt with these, I just need to pick up more of the line now. The sock monkey fabric was just too cute to pass up, I dont really have much in mind as to waht to use it for though..

So I just made up a cup of tea, and I am hoping to finish the half done projects I have had sitting on my counter this whole week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 2 smaller quilts you have posted recently..is there anyway you would consider doing larger quilts with certain fabrics I pick out? My boys will move into full size beds when they get older and I desperately want Dr Suess themed rooms for them. LMK...mmuro@att.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails