Friday, August 7, 2009

Pasta Caprese

This was inspired by the dish at Corner Bakery. I love caprese salad, and with pasta it made it even better!

8 ounces Cavatappi pasta
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
fresh basil- about half of a 3/4 ox package (3-4 leaves)
fresh mozzarella- I used half a 8 oz container of ciliegine- sliced or cut into wedges
Caprese dressing

Boil pasta in salted water until al dente. You don't want to overcook it because once you add the dressing, the pasta will become softer. Chop up your basil, cut you mozzarella and the tomatoes. Once the pasta is done, cool in the refrigerator. Once cool, add you pasta, mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes all into a big bowl. Add caprese dressing, and stir. This tastes even better after it sits for a little while. I used Marie's Caprese dressing, you can find it by the refrigerated salads and dressings. I used about half a bottle or so.

Super easy and fast to make!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love Caprese salad, too! I'll have to try this....

Related Posts with Thumbnails