Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Books

Checked out some new books from the library.
Handmade Home has me completely convinced to start cloth diapering. Even though Big Boy is 15 months. I wanted to cloth diaper before, but I didnt sew and didnt want to spend $10 on a diaper cover, to not know if it was right for me or not..
And I do laundry everyday, so that is no big deal either..
So tell me I am crazy, or point me to a place to buy pul, how to lanolize wool and some free diaper cover patterns!
I actually borrowed Denyse Schmidt quilts months back from my aunt, and it is funny how when I flip through it now different projects in the book interest me! I am actually making Kiki his quilt based of the Hop, skip and a Jump quilt in the book! I have 4 of the 7 rows done, so hopefully I will have the quilt top done in a few days!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wow, you are one busy mom! My son is 9 now but if I could do it all again I would have definitely used cloth diapers the entire time. I did use cloth towards the end of his diaper days and it was definitely better than plastic store bought.

LFinn said...

I started cloth with G when she was 15 months old, and I loved making the switch. I probably do about half and half cloth/disposable now with B, but am trying to get back to just cloth (going out of town at Christmas threw me off!). Anyway, have you seen www.diaperswappers.com? It is a great resource for diapers. Also, I have heard that http://onestopdiapershop.com is great. Also, I have several friends who cloth diaper and they wrote a lot of blog posts about it: http://prayerofhannah.blogspot.com/search/label/Cloth%20Diapering.
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wazoodel.com is pretty good for daiper fabric. I've made hundreds of cloth daipers (for friends), it's pretty easy. Cheap too :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails