Sunday, October 16, 2011

KCWC :: Day 7

Well, the Kids Clothes Week Challenge has come to an end, and several items on my list didn't get made. But I'm ok with that, because I did push through and finish up several items, and add a few to my list! Here is what I finished up last night:
A knit baby kimono top using the pattern from Habitutal, and a knit baby hat using the tutorial from 2 Little Hooligans.  I modified the kimono top to have side snaps instead of ties, and I really want to make up several (smaller) newborn size top using snaps as well. I was thinking to have the binding go around the front and neck, and placing several snaps along the front of the top instead. I also think a lined version would be cute and comfy as well!

The baby hat is actually quite tiny - a printing to scale error on my part. But that's ok since that hat looks tiny enough to fit those first few days when everything look ginormous on your wee newborn. I want to make a couple more, and use a different print for the brim.

A few things that I accomplished / felt I was challenged with this week:
*Sewing knits! I ran into zero problems, which makes me wonder what I was really afraid of!? Does anyone have a good source for buying knits? The selection at Joanns is kind of sad!
*I realized sewing for a baby is much cuter than a toddler - and you can sew multiples in a fraction of the time! I also rarely sew for my kiddos anymore - and with all the inspiration from the flickr pool and new tutorials I have found - I want to make more tiny baby clothing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've found a few more Organic/Fairtrade knit fabrics. I'm pinning them on my fab fabrics pinterest board if you want to take a look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails