Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Easy Fruit Cobbler

My sister sent me this recipe, and it is sooo delish. I made this up last night and would have eaten half the pan if my stomach didn't disagree with me..
So easy, so simple but it turns out so very yummy. I didn't even need ice cream with it, since it is so sweet from the berries and sugar. But you can be indulgent and serve it with some vanilla ice cream :)

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 cups of sliced fresh peaches or nectarines, or whole blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or a combination of fruits (or a 12-ounce package of frozen berries)
1 tablespoon sugar



( I used sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in mine. cherries would be good, Or peaches with blueberries.)



Preheat oven to 350 F. Put butter in an 8 inch square or 9 inch round pan, set in oven to melt.
When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tb. of sugar.
Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm.
Or in my case, eat immediately because it so so bubbly good and burns your mouth :)

Recipe is from Allrecipes.com.

2 comments:

racrobin said...

I warned you!!

Brother See, Sisters Do said...

Looks delicious! Do you mind if I use this recipe in the RFC newsletter?

Related Posts with Thumbnails